UPDATED INFORMATION, Thu 3 May
1. Registration online is closed. It is possible, if you have not yet registered for the Camporee, to turn up on Friday and register! However, we'd rather you let us know beforehand as this will help in our planning! Remember, if you're 18+ you can only stay onsite overnight if you have a current vetting disclosure from the Seventh-day Adventist Church in Ireland.
2. Here is the Camporee Programme.
3. What to Bring - list below.
4. You may also need to bring additional equipment for activities - contact your local Club Director for all of that information.
"Into The Fire"
Pastor Kevin Johns - SEC Pathfinders Director
Organiser: IM Pathfinder Sponsor, Bogdan Stan
Dates: Friday 4th to Monday 7th May
Who for: Adventurers, Pathfinders, Master Guides, Club Staff, Friends of Pathfinders
Venue: Kilnasoolagh, Newmarket-on-Fergus, Co Clare
0-3 years, Free
"Friend of Pathfinder" ticket, Free
The above cost is inclusive of food as well as activities etc, but is exclusive of the booking fee.
[RE: Friend of Pathfinder ticket - IMPORTANT: Each Adventurer/Pathfinder can bring one friend (who is not involved in Adventurers or Pathfinders) free of charge. Ticket is valid ONLY for 1 friend per child and you need to be with him/her during registration. The Friend ticket DOESN'T cover COACH.]
Each club is allowed one cabin. Each cabin can hold 4 people. The total cost for each cabin is €20 per night, which will be split by the number of people in the cabin each night. No Pathfinders are allowed to stay in the cabins. Payment for the cabins will be taken in cash on site during Camporee.
Registration (CLOSED online - see updated at top of page)
DEADLINE: the deadline for registration is Sunday 29th April. No applications will be accepted after this time.
PRE-REQUISITES TO BOOKING:
1) everyone aged 18 years of age of above MUST be must be Garda Vetted and the Irish Mission must have received a copy of your Disclosure prior to Camporee, in order to attend the Camporee. This process takes up to 4 weeks. Please contact your local church Disclosure Clerk, your local church Pathfinder leader, your local church Pastor or email if you need instructions on how to be vetted. You can also visit www.ranelaghadventist.ie/safeguarding to download the Garda Vetting form.
2) You must register here online to attend the Camporee. You will need to pay at the time you register.
3) To register for family (2 or more members of the same family) ticket please choose Family in each ticket option as need it. For example, 1 Pathfinder and 1 Adventurer from the same family will: click Family under Adventurer ticket and choose 1 from the drop menu, scroll down and under Pathfinder ticket choose Family.again and 1 from the drop menu, click proceed and the discount is automatically applied.
REGITRATION ONLINE - CLOSED
The list below includes activities that will be done during Camporee and items that will be included in the weekend inspection.
1) Tent inspection
2) Type A uniform inspection
3) Songs and yells
4) Fire building (friction)
5) Bread making over fire
6) Frying egg (using paper)
7) Knot tying - based on knot tying honor
8) Semaphore flag signalling - based on the Communication Honor. Please provide your own pair of flags.
9) Drill and March - based on the Drill and March Honor and the very basic commands. Know how to fall in/out, proper alignment, etc.
What to bring.. and what NOT to bring
Ground pad or air mattress
Notepad and pencil
Fork, spoon, own plate, can, bowl - for food
Toiletries (toothbrush, toothpaste, shampoo, etc)
Rain gear (rain coat, wellies)
Hat and gloves
Pathfinder/Adventurer uniform (There will be an inspection)
If you have any questions or queries, please get in touch via email at